The Children’s Choir provides a friendly, welcoming, safe environment for boys and girls aged 7 to 13 to sing together. The choir sings two terms per year: September to December, and January to May. Children may choose to sing for a single term or both. They rehearse Fridays from 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., and sing monthly on Sunday morning, as well as Christmas Eve and Easter Day. There is no membership fee, and no requirement for previous musical experience. The fun and fellowship of singing together is augmented by the occasional party and other special events.
Children’s Choir Schedule
Term 2 (2017)
Fridays, 4:15pm-5:15pm, January 13 to May 26
- Friday January 13, 4:15pm-5:15pm, first Term 2 rehearsal
- Saturday January 28?, 5pm-7pm Spaghetti dinner fundraiser
- Sunday February 5, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Monday February 20 (Family Day), 1:20pm for 2pm National Anthem, Frontenacs Hockey, K-Rock Centre (choir shirts)
- February, Kiwanis Class (TBA)
- Sunday March 12, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Sunday April 16, 9:15am for 10:30am service (Easter)
- Friday April 21, NO REHEARSAL
- May 2017 trip to Meaford?
- Sunday May 28, 3:30pm for 5pm concert (choir shirts)
Choir portrait by Alan Wilkinson, November 2015
Singing the National Anthem at the Frontenacs Hockey game! February 2014