- Eligible candidates for the Choral Scholarship are university students and late high school students. Applicants should contact the Director of Music, Michael Capon (email@example.com, 548-4617x23). The Cathedral is at 270 King St. E. (at Johnson), and the office and choir entrance is at 129 Wellington St.
- Candidates for the Choral Scholarship will be auditioned and interviewed by the Director of Music.
- To attend and sing at all worship services at which the full choir is required to be in attendance, between the Friday after Labour Day and the Sunday before Christmas Eve (Term 1), and the first Sunday in January to the last Sunday in April (Term 2). In particular, Choral Scholars are expected to attend the Christmas Lessons and Carols service, and the Good Friday and Easter Day services.
- To attend all Choir rehearsals related to the above Services
- To attend other services of worship and musical activities that are undertaken by the Choir.
- Absence from any of the above commitments is permissible only with expressed prior approval of the Director of Music. More than three absences per term (two rehearsals and one service) may result in disqualification from, or a reduction in, the scholarship at the discretion of the Director of Music. In cases of illness and other emergency situations, the Director of Music is to be notified of the circumstances at the earliest possible time. The Director of Music may excuse occasional absences on a discretionary basis.
- The scholarship recipient will be expected and encouraged to participate in the life of the Cathedral community by attending post-worship coffee hour, and other social events. Behaviour that is consistent with a Christian community will be expected while participating in Cathedral activities.
- The scholarship recipient will be welcome to sing with the choir beyond the two terms outlined above.
- The scholarship of $1000 will be paid in $500 installments at the end of each term, provided the candidate has fulfilled the conditions of the scholarship.