The new Teen Choir (ages 13-18) began September 2015. The Director is Alana Sargeant, who came to us highly recommended through her work with the Cantabile Choirs and Mark Sirett, as well as Queen's University. Contact Alana for more information
Alana Sargeant is a graduate of the Concurrent Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education program at Queen’s University. While studying Voice, Alana became involved in many musical activities both on campus and in the greater Kingston community.
Alana has had extensive experience working with young voices through her involvement with the Cantabile Choirs of Kingston. As a member of the Cantabile Conductor Apprenticeship Program, she assists with the Children’s Choir, Young Men’s Chorus and Young Women’s Chorus. In 2014, Alana began leading the organization’s youngest choristers when she assumed conductorship of Cantabile Junior Choir. In addition to her work with Cantabile, Alana also serves as the conductor of the Queen’s Chorus (a student-led extra-curricular choir on campus).
Alana is in demand as a liturgical vocalist, pianist, and guitarist. Further to her local music endeavours, in the summer of 2013 she travelled to Ghana to study West African Music and Dance.
Alana is eager to share her passion for singing and choral music with the young people of the St. George’s Cathedral community!
Term 1 (2016)
- Sunday October 16, 9:30am for 10:30am service.
- Sunday November 13, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Saturday November 26, 10am-11:30am special Advent rehearsal
- Sunday November 27, 3:45pm for 5pm Advent Carols service
- Sunday December 11, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Saturday December 17, 10am-11:30am special Christmas rehearsal
- Sunday December 18, 3:45pm for 5pm Christmas Carols service
- Saturday December 24, 3pm for 4pm Christmas Eve service
Term 2 (2017)
- Sunday February 26, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Sunday March 26, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Sunday April 16, 9:15am for 10:30am service (Easter)
- Sunday May 14, 9:30am for 10:30am service
- Sunday May 28, 3:30pm for 5pm concert
Choir portrait by Alan Wilkinson, November 2015